Thursday, May 15, 2008

A New Canvas!

Thank you for having me!
I am so excited to contribute, play and share my inspiration journeys.

I was doing my daily dose of design blog browse. Today my starting point is http://design-milk.com/.

From Design-Milk, I made my discovery of the day: www.fwis.com which I am so excited to be sharing. Fwis is a design consultancy in the US. Fwis has worked with big names like Corbis, Barneys NY etc. The part I like best is all they seem to just 'play'.

Check out the section labels on the site navigation bar at the top - "we didn't get paid", "we argued about it", "clients didnt get it"... Browsing through their archive of work, I felt literally as if i am having a 'creative conversation' where 'they' would point out something and 'say' "the client didnt get this" or "this one.. so cool cos even my mom got it".

Fwis inspired me to keep playing, creating, putting it out there. Creating not only because we are paid to do, but creating because a thought, an idea yearns to come into being.

It reminded me that creating's purpose should be creating. Sometimes it is about commercial value and return at the end. And mostly it is just about creating because it is fun and so satisfying.





No comments: